Whereare Matte Nano icons that were converted generically from App Store?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by SilentWalker, Oct 25, 2009.

1. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You know how after you activate the Matte Nano theme, when you install an app from the App Store, it automatically resizes the icon to match the Matte Nano theme? Well where is this new icon stored (it's not the icon.png within the Application folder)?

My reason for asking is that when I deactivate the Matte Nano theme, the apps whose icon's were converted still matches the size of a Matte Nano icon. The only way to get rid of it is to activate another icon theme, but then the icon remains normal size, even after I reactivate the MN theme (yes, you should have guessed that I don't have an icon for these app, being Minigore, Blimp, Mathematics, FlingFree and RealRacing GTI). A respring/reboot doesn't work.

I wish to install new apps with MN activated, cut and paste the converted icon into the MN icons folder, and respring, so that the original sizes icon is available when the MN theme is deactivated, but a smaller icon is available for MN.

Also, just a request (I've searched tirelessly for this)...does anyone have a MN icon for Minigore, Blimp, RealRacing GTI, FlingFree and/or Mathematics? Also can someone tell me a way I can make MN icons using the original icons, using GIMP? I don't know how to use the PSD template provided :S

Thank you

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. DigitalSoul

DigitalSoul New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    They are in the UIImages folder.
  3. SilentWalker

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No they are not. I just checked.
  4. Octizzle

Octizzle Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    they arent stored anywhere
    the uiimage is just put over the original icon
    i dont know if this will work but try getting the original icon and the matte nano uiimages into photoshop and you might be able to remake the icons you see
  5. SilentWalker

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yea I thought so

I tried that before, but I am not really that adept at PS (well GIMP actually, I cant afford PS

)...I reorganized the layers and all but I couldnt get the resultant image

6. qwerty723

qwerty723 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    icon.png

its under user/application/(what ever code here)/(application name.app)