Where to sell my 1st gen iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Zink, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Zink

Zink Member

Device:
    iPad
    I want to sell my 1st gen to get a 2nd. The only problem is my parents wont let me use there credit card

Please Register or Log in to view images

. I need to know a place to sell it.
    Thanks!
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

3. Zink

Zink Member

Device:
    iPad
    what do i do once i get to my city?
  4. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

there is going to be a button called post to classified which will go to post.craigslist.com/"your city"

or go to Circuit City, they give you credit for your old iPod depending on the condition
  5. Zink

Zink Member

Device:
    iPad
    Even if i didnt buy it from them?
  6. kOrNwHeAt

kOrNwHeAt Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    if you try to sell it through craigslist be very careful about it. I would recommend only selling it if you can meet up with the person to do the transaction. Mailing it to someone is risky unless you get their payment securely and are absolutely sure you got the money and its real. And a word of advice, if the person has poor english, or wants you to ship the item asap and is offering a lot more money than you asked for it, or they want you to send it to Nigeria I warn you not to deal with that person. A lot of scams are run out of Nigeria. I was almost a victim of a scam out of Nigeria about a week ago when I was trying to sell my 1G iPod touch. The person offered me $450 for it and asked for my email address for paypal so they can send me the payment. I then got an email from what I thought was paypal saying that they received a payment from this person and I must ship my package with a tracking number and then give them the tracking number so that they can confirm and then put the money in my account. This is not at all how paypal does transactions.
    One of the first things to note is how you are greeted in the email, I believe Paypal will always start it Dear (your first name here). The email I got started Dear customer. This was my first hint that it was fake, so I sent the email to spoof@paypal.com and they confirmed it was a fraud. Luckily I caught it before I lost anything.
    but just beware of dealing with craigslist. I would say only deal with people who can meet up to do the transaction and arrange to meet in a very public place.
  7. Zink

Zink Member

Device:
    iPad
    i want to sell it to a store
  8. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

Try kijiji.
  9. bluejava2

bluejava2 New Member

10. Thao

Thao New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So you want to sell your used iPod Touch to store, and expect to get like a decent value out of it? Are you mental?

The only way you might get AVERAGE money for it would be Craigslist/eBay. Maybe some cheap pawn shop.