Where to Put Themes...How to Make Them?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by TeeHeeLaugher, Mar 29, 2009.

1. TeeHeeLaugher

TeeHeeLaugher New Member

So I jailbroke my iPod Touch recently and I would like to make my own themes.

What do I use to make them and how do I?
    Where do I put them when it's made?

People always say put them in /var/private or something, plus in the tutorial section all I can find is questions on details on actually making them...

All help is appreciated,

Thanks,

TEEHEE
  2. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I don't know much about making themes, but when you want to add a theme put it in Library/themes or Private/Var/Stash/Themes.xxxx
  3. sfpsp

sfpsp New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm still a noob but...
    Make sure you have installed Winterboard through cydia. Then SSH into your ipod and go to /Library/Themes. Then create a new folder and rename it to whatever. Make a new folder called "Icons", then place your custom icons in there in png format. Rename each file to whatever you want to theme (Ex. Winterboard.png would cover the Winterboard.app icon). Make sure the icons are 60x60 pixels.
    To theme the wallpaper, place whatever your wallpaper is in the theme folder. Rename it as "Wallpaper.png". For the lockscreen wallpaper, place your wallpaper in the theme folder and rename it as "LockBackground.png". For the Status bar, place your image renamed as "Statusbar.png" in the theme folder. For custom docks, place the image in the theme folder named as "Dock.png"
    There are tutorials out there on how to theme everything...this is just what I know. D;.
  4. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Those are the mere basics, there is no much more to it, read this.
  5. Heffe

Heffe New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Also here are the dimensions.