iOS 3.1 Where to Find 3.1 Firmware?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by xokeefex, Mar 19, 2010.

1. xokeefex

xokeefex New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I'm looking to jailbreak my ipod and I can't seem to find the firmware in my computer. I've searched where they've suggested in the jailbreak thread and where there was nothing where the application data was supposed to be. I used the search option to find any .ipsw files and nothing came up.

Where the heck do I find it?
  2. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Download it on iTunes, then just search for .ipsw and all .ipsw files should come up.
  3. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

If you're on an iPod Touch 2G, 3.1.3 is jailbreakable.. and if you already upgraded to Firmware 3.1.2, it should be on your hard drive. If you're on Windows Vista/Windows 7, look in Username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates. If you're on XP, try Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates.

After all, it's not like the 2G came with iPhone OS 3.1.2... which meant that, at some time, you had to upgrade to the firmware via iTunes, and thus would have the software on your hard drive.
  5. m0in

m0in Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Also, I would like to point out, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE FIRMWARE FROM THE INTERNET, IT IS ILLEGAL
  6. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

The link I gave above links to the iPhone firmware, which is fine for iPhones - those updates are free for them, no matter what. Paid firmware releases, like those for the 2G above what it shipped with, are the links we pull off the site due to their being paid releases.
  7. shamrock

shamrock Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch