Where to buy?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Hellishness, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well...theres about a 100% chance that i will be buying the new ipod touch 3g. my only question is where should i buy it? are there any places that will let you return it when its opened? i asked a guy at target, but he was kinda evasive about if it was opened. he only said that its 90 days unopened....he told me to buy it at an apple store cuz then they'll fix it if anything goes wrong, but isn't that true no matter where you buy it from? i think that apple's return policy is 14 days, but can you open it? the reason that im so worried is cuz my first touch was scratched up on the back and it ended up having to be replaced under warranty (that might be a coincidence since it wasn't replaced for the scratches). will they take it back if it was scratched originally, before you opened it?

thanks! i have never really bought an ipod since my dad bought mine for me...
  2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I bought mine at Sam's club, and I started having problems. I took it back, with the receipt, and they exchanged it, no questions asked.
  3. Carnage

Carnage Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I bought my 1g 16gig from best buys and havent had a problem with it in the 2 years I have had it. I even bough it opened. It was just opened, not even used. I got a $50 discount. Still it was $400+ with taxes and a case. Im going to buy my next ipod touch at the apple store if I can get there. If not Im going to either best buys, walmart, or sams club.
  4. Hellishness

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    will an apple store do that? cuz it would prolly be easiest for me to buy them there (i've never heard of sams club and the closest one to me is about an hour's drive)
  5. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    I bought mine from Amazon
  6. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If there was an apple store anywhere near you get it from there but if not just go to walmart, bestbuy or somewhere like that.

btw how can you be a hundred percent sure your gonna do something? What about the apocalypse happens tommorow?!? jk
  7. Hellishness

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    are there any benefits from getting it from a specific store?
  8. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Hmmm, who knows, maybe some points collection or even price rebates?

Of course if the service provided by the staff in a store is good, the chances of returning for future purchases is certainly high!

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Best Buy just "rolled out" a $69.95 breakage warranty, which is even better than the ~$50 2-year defects warranty I had. I got a replacement new 16 GB Touch 2G 2-days ago. It had an odd intermittent electrical problem I could ignore. I had brought it in. We discussed it. I didn't want to be without it, even for one day. I "lived with" the odd intermittent electrical problem. Then, I said, nuts, I want the express replacement.

Best Buy is great.
  10. Peru 707

Peru 707 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you want it as soon as it comes out go to the Apple store since retail stores take a while since the Ipod have to be shipped in.
    Yes you can return it. They give you 15 days And they charge you a $39.90 fee if its open.
    Think you get a year warenty no mater where you buy it. (bought my 2g 32gb from Apple store in Frisco

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
    NOTE best buy won't charge you a fee if you open it, but their extra warenty plan is crap since your ipod will not malfunction)