Where Should I Start With This Game

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by dude19, Mar 10, 2008.

1. dude19

dude19 Banned

OK i have chosen an open source game for windows,its not an amazing graphic game its something simple it has i guess you could say its 3d graphics aren't as complicated as the new Noiz2sa game. And i'd like to port it ,its very simple and its graphics aren't the best but here are some components need ....OpenGL, 3D Accelerator ,and right now the game is running off .dll's and one .exe (they are named mikmod,sdl, sdl_mixer, glut3 and zlib they are .dll's),...what are my chances of being able to port this game, and making it only have four controls which rely on the accelerometer, i don't want any sounds either.
    my chances on porting this or remaking it from scrath are 0% 33% or 50% or 100%....o don't mind how long as it takes as long as i finish it within a month....im using the toolchain on windows

Please Register or Log in to view images

if its possible how would i go about porting this?i kinda don't wanna say the game cause then there isn't really a surprise, plus someone else might try to copy me.
  2. Xandu

Xandu New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Do you have any coding experience? If so, what?
  3. dude19

dude19 Banned

I can Use the uikit and ive been practicing coding I'm still not very good I just have trouble on how I should start and how to interlace the pictures into the code like one I write the app how do I add a background or a car ? I'm trying to make contrasense but a different version.... How would I also make my controls based off accelerator ?
  4. dude19

dude19 Banned

sorry for the double post but how would i implement landscape mode in my game.
    i als found the source code for the accelerometer so ive almost got all my code cept now i needa make the game.