Where should I buy my Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dhausle, Feb 9, 2008.

1. dhausle

dhausle New Member

Thinking of finally buying the Touch. Wondering if I should buy from Apple (online rather than local store) for any reason (even possibly engraving name on it)?
    May go with Target since they have a great return policy and a less expensive extended warranty that they say is very flexible (even overlooks abuse).
    Or should I just go with the least expensive one I can find from an online seller.

I think I'll probably go with the updated software model rather than take the discount for the older model and try to update myself.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. donkeykong

donkeykong Banned

What size?
  3. umich fan

umich fan New Member

I would check out Ebay. I recently purchased an 8GB touch on Ebay (factory sealed) for $245.00, shipping included. You probably can find a decent used one too (you'll find some sellers are willing to include extras - power adaptor, case, etc.). Of course, buy with caution. From my experience, though, I've never had a problem with purchases made on Ebay. If there is a Frye's Electronic store in your area, I would check them out. Price will be the same as Apple's, Circuit City and Best Buy; the difference is that Frye's won't charge you 15% restocking fee. All the best.
  4. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Where do you live?
    Depending on what country your from there can be all sorts of stores that sell them cheaper then apple, the Source, and best buy. Try to shop around.
  5. svtfiveoh

svtfiveoh New Member

I would go with Target. I actually just returned my 16gb Ipod touch there that was bought 2 months ago. I was given a full refund with no questions asked. Im now waiting for them to stock the 32gb
  6. dhausle

dhausle New Member

More info from questioner

I live in Boston. I plan to buy the 8gb. I currently have a Nokia 770 that plays video and gets web but I love the elegance of the interface and the size of the touch. That's why I plan to buy. I watch videos and then recycle so I don't feel a need to keep a lot on it.... even with music.

I was considering the Apple store if it was felt that the store would follow up and advise better if I bought it there. I was considering online simply for the engraving. Didn't know if that all doesn't matter and I should just seek the best price.
  7. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I bought my iPod Touch online at a site called Newegg.com. They have reallly good prices on there, same with Amazon.com. So if your shopping online, check those places out, they often have saving deals every so often.
  8. hourog

hourog New Member

Fry's had an ad in todays paper in Houston for a 16Gb touch for $379. BEFORE $40. off. The ad states this price is limited to supplies on hand with no rain checks.
  9. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It would be best imo to purchase from the Apple store. Sure if there is a problem with it, you'd have to ship it back, wait a few days to get it repaired, or a replacement, etc. However, if you think about it, ordering from Apple ensures that once the iPod is manufactured, it is shipped right to your doorstep as opposed to buying it from a retailer where once the iPod is manufactured, it is shipped to a retailer, in which some store manager or worker might drop the boxes, or has a careless attitude and throws them onto the shelf for customers to buy.
  10. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

target is a good idea because most of the people working there are high school kids who dont give a crap. whereas if you buy it from apple they are extremely picky about returns because they are experts on it. Bottom line: never buy products from corporate outlet stores. buy from target or walmart.

i bought my touch from apple and i will never make the same mistake. barely let me return it when there was the black negative screen issue from the first ipods.