Where oh WHERE are the refurbs?!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by red_5, Aug 19, 2010.

1. red_5

red_5 Member

Apple usually only waits six months before making a product available in refurbished condition.

WHERE ARE THE IPADS??
  2. Qwedgeonline

Qwedgeonline Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    People love them soooooo much, they don't return them! I'm kidding. Who knows? Apple likes to keep stuff behind steel closed doors. That is, unless you work for Apple in China and you let people take bets on your new products which is how they got leaked in the first place! But ya know, where have you ever heard of THAT before?

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Well, I think they're not keen on doing it yet. If the iPad is in the same category as the iPhone, then chances are you won't ever see a refurbished section for them. The 2010 Macbook Pro and 2010 Mac Mini already have refurbished models.
  4. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I always thought it fit in better with the iPod family, rather than the iPhones...
  5. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Nah, it's not an iPod, at least according to Apple, it isn't. I don't think why people keep thinking that way.

That aside, the 3G iPad wouldn't fit in with the iPod at all, but if they only offer the Wifi iPad, it would be weird, so my guess is they'll have a separate section for it later... probably by the 2nd or 3rd generation something.
  6. viperGTS

viperGTS Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The iPad is like a touch screen mac with iOS... it should have a refurb section. THEN i will consider an iPad.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Since the iPad is a part computer it makes sense for it to go refurb.
  7. red_5

red_5 Member

What I want to know is why the AppleTVs have been in the iPod section of the refurb store... Shouldn't the iPad be as well?
  8. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Well, from what I'm seeing, Apple is grouping media consuming devices (iPod, and Apple TV) into the same section, and professional computing devices (Mac, Macbooks, etc...) into the other.

So now it really depends on what section they'd put the iPad in... But I highly suspect that it'll be in the Mac section if there'd ever be a person who dislikes the iPad enough to send it all the way back to Apple's backstock.

One simple argument is that Apple developed iWork for iPad, so their intention to market it as a productive device is quite clear.
  9. badboy.mjk

badboy.mjk New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    The iPads are selling out too fast and not alot of people are returning them broken
  10. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You would usually have to wait for a year to get refurbs.