Where is the Wi-Fi Password (on my iPod)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by The Checker, Aug 19, 2008.

1. The Checker

The Checker New Member

Hey everybody.
    I have a WLAN router and have now figured out my password for it. But i have forget it. When i update now to 2.0.2, i haven´t this password anymore. So my question. Where is the password? (it must be somewhere, because the iPod saves it). Maybe in a plist?!

iPod Touch 2.0.1 jailbroken 8GB.
    good at SSH

Please Register or Log in to view images

cu
    the checker
  2. mjhamilton

mjhamilton New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    this password is hashed somewhere in a shadow security file on the ipod... I am afraid you will have to get it again from the router again to get connected
  3. The Checker

The Checker New Member

is there a chance to find it?

what?
  4. shortone2

shortone2 New Member

stell dich ma nich so an, is ja wohl keine große sache sein wlan schlüssel wieder vom router zu holen. connecte einfach drauf, und in den wep/wpa2 einstellungen wirst du es gleich finden. ist ja 100mal einfacher und schneller als den ipod zu durchsuchen. dein rechner speichert auch dein wlan schlüssel, haste ihn denn da gefunden ? nee ey - was für fragen :-D niemand würde auf so eine idee kommen und sein schlüssel im ipod oder rechner suchen....
  5. Zephram

Zephram New Member

It must be alot easier for you to login to your router and write the password on a paper instead of looking through your Ipod.
    "I have a WLAN router and have now figured out my password for it."
    That comment makes me think you have not changed the default password and by doing a Google for your router type and default password I guess it would be even faster.
  6. River

River New Member

The best way is to log on to the router admin and see the password.

Keeps everyone good at bay and the renegade wardriving down to a minimum.