Where is the prefered wifi order function?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Kaphis, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Kaphis

Kaphis New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hi everyone, went to the apple store and replaced my ipod two days ago, now its shiny again

Please Register or Log in to view images

I had a downloaded 2.0 firmware installed on mine when I went and in return, they gave me an ipod with 1.1.4 firmware that had an "upgrade ability". That was kinda cool

Anyways, got myself all set up now.

I've been looking for this for a while now ever since the beta firmwares came out. Where is the reported "prefered network" order? How do make it that my network is higher on the list, it keeps trying to connect to another office's network because it has a stronger signal.
  2. SmoothTroopa

SmoothTroopa Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    got to settings/wifi then prress the wifi it keeps conecting to and the press forget

3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You can also disable the ability to connect networks automatically, if that is an issue.
  4. Kaphis

Kaphis New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I was under the impression that I can order the networks wiht out changing the settings. My office has two wireless networks, one for external connection and one for internal. I would like to default to the external network but I also use the internal network to access internal websites.

If I keep doing the "forget network" I would have to put in the ridiculously long password everytime. I would like to keep it to "automatically connect" because it is a blanket network that uses multiple access points, I want to stay connected.

I was under the impresss from various review sites that firmware 2.0 has this function.

For example: http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/18/iphone-firmware-2-0-hands-on/
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    bumpidy bump
  5. Kaphis

Kaphis New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    bumpity bump?
  6. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    you bumped it again.....