Where is the music located? (weird problem)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by felixen, Jul 29, 2008.

1. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay, so yesterday I wanted to listen to my music. I have 14.09 GB music on my regular playlist (my ipod is the 32 one). I went to the music menu and it said my ipod didn't contain any music. So I synced it with another computer, since I didn't have to home computer near me. Today I got home and decided to sync with my home computer to get all the music back I had yesterday, before it got messed up.

So I hit the sync button in iTunes but it says there isn't enough space on my iPod, which is weird cause I have been without internet for the last few days, so there is no way I could have installed some humongous files via Installer (which would be weird even if I had internet).

So I look at the bottom of my ipod screen in iTunes, and it says I have 800 mb's of images and 17.38 GB of "other" and 11.81 GB left on the iPod.

Now I don't know what the problem is, but could it be that my iPod somehow still contains the music I have had all of the time, but for some reason it (and iTunes too) can't recognize the music? If that's the case, I guess I can just SSH in and delete the music manually and then transfer my original playlist from iTunes again.. If that's an option, where can I find the music on my ipod?
  2. aa_man137

aa_man137 New Member

Are you jailbroken? and if so did u download swap tunes off cydia? if u did then you could have accidently swapped out of your home music library. This is the only thing i can think of that would have cause this.
  3. jpat53

jpat53 New Member

The exact same thing happened to my dad and we just had to restore and re-sync thats pretty much your only option.
  4. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm jailbroken yeah.. Is the app you speak of called "swap tunes"? cause I never even seen an app with that name, so that wouldn't be the case here.. This really sucks.. I truly hope I won't have to restore with all the crap I've installed

edit: DAMN! just saw the above post. I won't restore yet though, I really pray someone has a better option

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. jpat53

jpat53 New Member

Well, I think you might be right about using SSH to delete the all the MobileMusicPlayer's Content. Is everything gone like apps and Cydia too or just music?
  6. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    sorry if its dumb but what's Cydia? Anyway, I have all my stuff except the music. I even have my photos on there still, and all the apps work just fine too.. So the music seems to be the only problem.. But do you know where the music folder is located when I use SSH? And is there any files I should be careful about not deleting?
  7. jpat53

jpat53 New Member

Cydia is like Installer.

So if you have everything else working, I think you can delete it and fix your problem through SSH, but I don't know what to do in SSH because i haven't used it in a long time. You could wait for more replies or start another thread about the SSH part of it, but I don't know about the SSHing.

Sorry I can't be of anymore help
  8. aa_man137

aa_man137 New Member

/private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/Music

THIS SHOULD B YOUR MUSIC LOCATION
  9. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's all good, I'll just wait for some more replies.. How is Cydia different from Installer anyway? I mean, it's the same sources you insert right, so the content should be the same?
  10. mlbplayer456

mlbplayer456 Banned

use bosstool and use the wipe feature, it will take all the music off your ipod. then resync and it should be fine