Where is mail stored?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by cadair, Oct 14, 2007.

1. cadair

cadair New Member

I've now successfully loaded the iPhone apps onto my iPod Touch, and am loving every minute of my almost completely functional PDA/iPod.

My question is this: Since the applications are stored in that limited 300Mb space, where does the mail download to? I've got about 26Mb of space left in that area (according to the installer.app) and worry that a few emails with attachments can fill that up.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Emanjl

Emanjl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't think that the e-mail is "stored" on the actual iPod, but rather the mail app connects to the internet and shows you the mail you have there.

Could be wrong.
  3. USAngel

USAngel New Member

The iPod displays the emails also when being offline (of course, you must have been online before

)
  4. Emanjl

Emanjl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hmm, that's true ..
  5. xALeXzx

xALeXzx Active Member

uhm, i need to know where are my mails... But if you memory is full you can delete within iPod

6. isaace

isaace New Member

Yeah, it must be somewhere on the phone. I want to delete all the mail in my mailbox at once. When I synced with my Gmail, it transferred over like 300+ messages and it thinks they're all new. I am not going through them all to mark them all as read. There must be some setting I can change somewhere to make it think the messages were read. Or it would be cool to delete them all together.
  7. Kalison

Kalison New Member

I ran into that same problem. I logged into my gmail acct and just deleted everything. Started over clean. I understand some people cant do that... But i just wanted throw that out there.

Anyway. Whenever you do a select all in your trash or all mail, you are given a choice to select the entire contents of the folder. Much faster than deleting 100 at a time.

Remember you have to do this from a computer.
  8. cadair

cadair New Member

Mail locations

Any of you that helped hack this beautiful piece of equipment have any way to know where the mail is actually stored?
    I'm assuming somewhere on the data partition, because I've sent myself several large attachments, and my available space to install applications hasn't changed, BUT I would love to know for sure.
    Thanks!

9. novelo

novelo New Member

Found It!!!

/private/var/root/Library/Mail/IMAP-novelo@gmail.com@imap.gmail.com/INBOX.imapmbox/Messages/

It's all coded in emlxpart tough...

Arrounf... 35 thousand parts on mine...
    Dowloaded 2.5 GB of attachments

using gmail IMAP