Where is Ipod Touch movie folder var/root/??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kudjeh811, Jan 21, 2008.

1. kudjeh811

kudjeh811 New Member

Trying to use cuteftp to transfer some movies to the touch, but can't seem to find which folder to drag movies into, or what to name new folder and where to place in fodler structures. Thanks for any help!
  2. Boznian

Boznian New Member

How about using iTunes? They have to be mp4.
  3. kudjeh811

kudjeh811 New Member

Too many hoops to jump through. I don't have the patience. My movies show up in itunes but says when I try to transfer that it failed because ipod/itunes cannot play files. Every time I check and play them in itunes, and they play fine. Plus, I hate to run the risk of synching and losing all my music which just happened this afternoon. I much rather like the idea of myself having control on what I delete and add using cuteftp or total commander. But back to my question- anyone have any knowledge of the touch's folder structure and where the movie folder is?
  4. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ive been meaning to ask this for a while now...i just cant find it...the music is easy to find, pictures are weirdly bundled together easily opened with winrar but im not able to find the videos..but is it somewhere else because it has to have the setting where it doesnt turn the screen after the setting determined time??(id have no idea..)
  5. kudjeh811

kudjeh811 New Member

I've no idea. I searched for hours today looking for it. Even uploaded movies via itunes, which pained me greatly after many failed attempts. Just to get one on the touch so that I could look into the file structure and look for any new folders- none. I couldn't find where itunes is putting the movies. Tried creating a 'movie' and 'video' folder where one would logically think it should be- same root as photos and such, but no luck. Finally gave up and will hopefully wait for an answer from someone much smarter than myself.
  6. fatsnake69

fatsnake69 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    u have to use itunes, there is no other way to play videos unless u put them on thru itunes.

to convert them to play on the ipod u can go into itunes, highlight the movie, and at the top hit "Advanced", and then "Convert selection for iPod/iPhone"

and by the way it stores movies under /private/var/root/iTunes_Control/Music/and then any one of these 50 folders, they are randomly placed in these.