iOS 3.1 Where does iPod Touch 3G keep it's videos??

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Enkeixpress, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Enkeixpress

Enkeixpress Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm using iFile on my iPod Touch 3G (Jailbroken) & I'm trying to find out where the device keeps all the videos I've put on it via iTunes.. reason why I want to know this is because I'm currently wanting to move a video of mine from the "downloads" folder & place it into a main "video" folder if there is one at all.. I know 100% how to do that.. But I just need to know where the iPod keeps it's at videos at!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Any help?

Cheers my dears.

2. Sickfee49

Sickfee49 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Im not sure i fully understand, but i believe it will be hidden, you have to check the view hidden files in the options. If that helps (Not sure if it will at all) but thats all i got
  3. tktouch12

tktouch12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i'd like to know this too
  4. I dug around a bit on iFile myself on my iPod and found it! (you're welcome) It's somewhat along the lines of "/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/Music". Yes it's complicated...it's kept where your music is kept. You should see random folders such as "F00" to "F11" and the like. Somewhere in there is all your music and videos.

It's random though...I suynced (what's the past tense form) a family guy video which was called "Buisness Guy.m4v" through iTunes and it ended up being "/var/mobile/media/iTunes_Control/Music/F07/YSEM.m4v".

You might have to mess with .plist files or whatever. And BTW, I found this out myself, I didn't look it up on the internet or whatever. You can also find where the photos are located at "/var/mobile/media/DCIM/100APPLE/"

Hope that helps a bit...
  5. rhanu

rhanu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    databases for videos / movies are encrypted

you cant just add a file by drag and drop to a folder

dont know whether there's currently a (public) method to modify the database not using itunes
  6. I doubt they're encrypted...they're probably in PLIST files or whatever. I'd just say sync some crap to itunes and check out what it's named. Like say you sync some empty MP4s into your iPod and it's called "YSEM.mp4", just get your video/music thing (must be the same extension) and rename it to "YSEM.mp4" and replace it.

Because the PLIST probably says there's a audio file called "YSEM.mp4" which the MobileMusicPlayer refers to. So then trick it by putting your file in there called "YSEM.mp4".
  7. MuseFan288

MuseFan288 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    the photo database doesnt work for me
  8. are you sure? there should be stuff in there like "IMG_0000" and "IMG_0001" and the like...

and btw...I clicked on the link in your sig and lmao...