Where can I get BootCamp drivers without my CD

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by mclaurin10, Jan 10, 2009.

1. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    So I lost the CD that came with my Macbook pro (not the unibody, the last rev of the old one) and I just did a clean install to the 64 bit version of windows 7.

But right now its not getting volume or graphics or anything important like that, so where can I get those drivers.

On a secondary note, how do I turn aero "transparency" on in windows 7, Ive looked in display and personalization and found nothing.
  2. Kanga

Kanga New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There's *******s all over the internet for them. I assume I can't post links, but it's easy to find.

Aero is automatically turned on when you install video drivers.

On a side note, I'm rather sure 64bit versions of Windows are only supported on a Mac Pro. A small fact I found out installing 64bit Vista on my Macbook.
  3. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Strangely enough no, in the instructions for installing Windows 7 to check f your processor was 64 bit capable, mine said yes on a Macbook pro.

Everything is running fine except my drivers.
  4. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    @ Kanga
    incorrect
    any 64 bit processor is compatible and all core 2's are 64 bit
  5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    The first time I installed WINDOWS 7 on my macbook pro I had that problem and after I ran the software update and installed VM tools it added the drivers. You don't need the OS X disk.
  6. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Did you upgrade or do a clean install? I hat to do a clean install because I moved from 32 bit to 64 bit.
  7. Kanga

Kanga New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It seems I didn't make myself clear enough.

I know that my Macbook, as well as the other Intel Macs are indeed 64bit capable, hardware wise, but the software - Apple's drivers, will only install on a 32bit Windows system, unless you have a Mac Pro.

At least that was how it was when I installed Vista on my White Macbook. Now, with Windows 7 and all the new Aluminum Macbooks, they may have changed this.
  8. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    fun that will mean a reinstall for me, I have a last gen MBP, but before I do, can anyone confirm this?
  9. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    that sadly happened on my aluminum macbook..so yes i can confirm it
  10. MrCrawley

MrCrawley New Member

nvidia 8600 vista 64bit drivers (i used this in my 4,1 MBP) http://files.laptopvideo2go.com/Dox/Vistax64/Vista64_181.20.exe

Realtek HD Audio
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

haven't had time to test the audio one, but i asume it will work with 64 (does with 32).

if you got any trouble with the laptopvideo2go driver, they're also frontpaged is the one called vista64_181.20

hope i had helped