Where are the Rules

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by lachlan438, Oct 19, 2007.

?

Do I have a fair case saying I received an infraction For a Rule that dose not exist

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lachlan438

lachlan438 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I received an infraction For a Rule that dose not exist (as yet)

ok People where are the rules

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

if I'm getting this and there is no rules that I can see

Dear lachlan438,

You have received an infraction at iPod touch Fans forum.

Reason: Spammed Advertisements
    -------
    Your signature contains advertising. I deleted your signature and will give you 1 infraction point. Next time do not post links to "free" iPod sites. I do not care if it works, it is prohibited in these forums.

Thanks,

Alex
    -------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8160
    Quote:
    How is it going?
    All the best,
    iPod touch Fans forum

Then there needs to be some where saying what the rules are all so the mod that gave me that is called a113524c Where Are The Rules
  2. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

We are currently developing rules, they will be posted in a day or so. I based your infraction on the rules that are currently in development. This is taken directly from the rules.

According to the rules I could have given you 15 infraction points. I only gave you one. That one infraction point will only last for 10 days and is considered a warning. I am sorry you do not like the fact that I gave you an infraction point, next time do not advertise in your signature. Just because the rules are currently not available to the public, it does not mean we can let people do whatever they want. We have to enforce the rules that are in development or these forums would be filled with spammers.
  3. iPodHacker_

iPodHacker_ New Member

Those rules are quite literally word for word from the rules at iPodWizard.
  4. AlexRADL

Again, these rules are still in development, we still have to discuss them and post them. Please respect our decision's and use common sense while posting. This will ensure that the community is spam free and an enjoyable place to come.
  5. itouchedatouch

itouchedatouch New Member

actually ipodhack, the admins and mods of this forum can use them, because you dont have them copyrighted
  6. iPodHacker_

iPodHacker_ New Member

....Yes we do.

Its called a Creative Commons License.

First off. Very generic answer. Secondly, those "rules in development" were a copy and paste from the forum.
  7. AlexRADL

We have not posted them to the public yet. This means that we are not violating the CCL. The rules that we post to the public will be designed for these forums. Right now we are taking general rules that many forums use to help keep the forums clean. These are not "your" rules, we have compiled them based on a method that many forums use. If you go to any forum they will most likely have similar rules to "your" rules
  8. iPodHacker_

iPodHacker_ New Member

I know, I know, I was saying if you did. But I'm sure you guys wouldn't.

edit: We didn't compile. Ours were written by us.

Your right, this from iPodWizard
    Is so much more different than what you posted
  9. Kreator

Kreator New Member

The point is that both extracts of your 'rules' are, word-for-word, the exact same rules as the ones that I developed myself for iPodWizard.net.

http://www.ipodwizard.net/announcement.php?f=25

You have not "compiled them based on a method that many forums use", you have completely plaguarised the rules at the iPodWizard.net forums.

I would recommend changing your 'rules' by the time you make them public, and following the CC license we have implemented on our forums protecting our works:
    http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/
    That means, if you decide to use or alter our work, you must explicitly state that the rules have been copied from/based off the rules of iPodWizard.net (and include a link).

I can't do anything if you completely copy my works but still honour the licence (ie, provide attribution), but it doesn't give your site or staff any credibility if you can't even formulate your own rules now, does it?
  10. iPodHacker_

iPodHacker_ New Member

Exactly .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.