Where are all the good games?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by rileyt, Sep 21, 2008.

1. rileyt

rileyt New Member

Hey all, just JB my first gen ipod on 2.1 with quickpwn and have added community sources in installer. But when i look in both cydia and installer there are no good games compared to what is on the appstore. I was expecting to see some really good stuff, where am i going wrong?
  2. janshi

janshi New Member

Why should a game developer publish his game in clumsy the installer and cydia when he has the appstore where everything is much easier and he even can make some money...?

Howevery I'm missing some oldschool jailbroken games like iSolitaire in the appstore. iSolitaire was the best Solitaire game I've ever played. Even in jailbreak times the game looked like it was developed with the SDK and now it's neither in the appstore nor cydia or installer

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

There aren't a whole lot of jailbroken games nowadays.
    Most of them went to AppStore.
    But there is MacMan , Some blackjack game or something , and of course of the emulators.
  4. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

most of them aren't ported over to 2.0
    atleast not yet
  5. herr_sebbe

herr_sebbe New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    iSolitaire is available in the App Store, but with a new name. Now it's called "Top 3 Solitaire" instead.
  6. windowsexpert08

windowsexpert08 New Member

Yeah they are all in the app store, like the first guy said why would a developer want to release to a bunch of people for free when he can make money in the app store.
  7. tylobedo

tylobedo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yes as most people have said seeing has how MOST games won't violate the app store rules they are being uploaded to the app store instead, witch makes them a lot more popular.

although there are a few games like the emulators that violate the rules and people who don't find it worth it to pay $200 or w/e to become a developer to post a free game when they can do it for free via cydia/installer
  8. pacrobe

pacrobe New Member

Not true, it is not the same. The graphic is different. Where is iSolitaire????????????