whenever I am charging my iPod touch I get electric shocks whenever I touch the ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Furniss12, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Furniss12

Furniss12 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Does any one else get this and does this mean there is a problem with my iPod?
  2. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Wet your fingers first next time then sue them when it explodes.
  3. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

you could just say that to apple and get a new ipod. cuz that doesnt happen to me, lol.

you could also get a case, that wouldnt conduct the shock to you.
  4. JeffS

JeffS Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Take it back, something is wrong. More than likely there is a bad connection inside that's grounding out through the case and you're getting the result.

Is this charging out of the USB port on your computer, or a wall charger? I'd be worried about frying the USB controller if it's off the pc. Try a different cable, see if that makes a difference. Could be something buggy in the connector shorting out to the body. If it's a wall charger, try a different one if you have that ability, or at least try charging something else off of it and see if you get the same result.

Is it shocking you like when you zap someone with static electrity, and then it stops? Or is it a constant stream just going through you? If it's the latter, definitely take it back.

Apple should replace something like this under warranty without issue. Might be fun just to watch the look on the guys face when he plugs it in and gets zapped too.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I used to have a problem like this on one of my laptops. One of the screws on the bottom would conduct and give me quite a jolt. Not good when wearing shorts.

Please Register or Log in to view images

good luck
    -Jeff