iOS 4.0 When?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by fearxunleashed, Jun 16, 2010.

1. fearxunleashed

fearxunleashed New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok guys i just got my ipod touch 8gb 3rd gen (Runs off 2nd gen tho i think cuz its 8gb?) and i was wondering if i should wait til the 21st to jailbreak it or a little after when the new jailbreaking software gets released?

When are they getting released, and what should i use for a jailbreak? (Spirit, blackrain, redsn0w, etc?)Im hoping untethered?
  2. DeadKid

DeadKid New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    most people think (and i hope) that on the 21st with the official release of iOS 4.0 a jailbreak will be available. Some rumors say, that limera1n (limera1n.com/ supposedly uploaded by geohot) will be able to jailbreak it, though no one really knows^^^' spirit guys warned all users, that spirit does not work with iOS 4.0 but maybe we can expect an upadte. My favorite is redsn0w though. With the jailbreak for iPod touch 2G they showed, that they can jailbreak it. I think they just wait till official release, so that apple wont close the exploit. (close an exploit? dunno...) I've got a 3G 8GB (so actually 2G) iPod touch, and updated to iOS 4.0, and I'm getting sick, without jailbreak. cant wait till monday, hoping that then ill be able to jailbreak again

Please Register or Log in to view images

hope this is enough

3. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Limera1n?? WTF...? That's a great name! -.- lol, geohot is awesome though! ^.^
  4. fearxunleashed

fearxunleashed New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So what exactly do i do before jailbreaking

Update to iOS4
    Sync to new 9.2 itunes?
    Save SHSH ?
    Back up ipod touch ? (Is that what SHSH is? If not, what do i do to back up?)
    Close itunes, then resync
    Jailbreak?
  5. DeadKid

DeadKid New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    um ok, musclenerd said that if you plan to use spirit you should not update itunes. but redsn0w and pwnagetool users wont be making anything wrong with itunes 9.2. i dont think you need to save your shsh (but i might be wrong here, other members?!?) just wait till monday, i think with new jailbreak tools or updates of older ones a few tutorials will be up in no time