When you get the Red Ring of Death.....

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by organerito, Dec 15, 2008.

1. organerito

organerito New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Did you get a new one or your repaired? Did you get just console or the whole box with the with the headset and the wireless controller?

Thanks
  2. Ghetto Toaster

Ghetto Toaster New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i dont have a 360 but the logical thing to do is get it repaired (if its still under warranty.) If your warrenty is up/voided do the x clamp fix (google) and if ur not comfortable doing that just get an arcade and put all ur old stuff on.
  3. x6blues

x6blues New Member

You need to call Xbox Support.
    Then, tell them you're situation (extended warranty for everyone due to the spread of the problem).
    They'll send you a custom box for the 360, the Xbox fits snuggly. You just take out the hard drive and the face plate (easy, face plate just snaps off and the hard drive comes right out). Then lay it in and you're set to send it in.

It'll take around 2-3 weeks, I was lucky and it was only in one. Then they send it back, just the box you sent it in so no controller or any of that, just the Xbox. They "compensate" you by a card with 1-month Gold XBL free. Not the best, but at least its something.
  4. giannaros

giannaros New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    A friend of mine has an Xbox 360, he got the red ring and then he sent it for a repair. They sent it back in 6 days.
  5. Wats Doing Boyz

Wats Doing Boyz New Member

Yeah i've got the red rings of death on my 360 i sent it back to Microsoft and they "repaired" it, i still get the red rings of death. You can bear with it one of my freinds has.
  6. swordmast599

swordmast599 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It took mine 3 weeks to get here and the one they sent me was broke had to wait another 4 weeks to get the second one after i got my first broken replacement. I got a free game out of it though
  7. Led

Led Banned

did you get to choose it or was it some crappy kung-fu panda.

To the OP: I think what he's trying to ask when he says "do you get a new one or your repaired" he means "does microsoft send a new xbox or is broken parts just replaced?" Depending on the extent of damage, Microsoft will either repair (most likely) before they send a new one.
  8. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

i am so tired of all these RROD, more microsoft fail...
    Also you get RROD cause of overheating right?

IF I had an Xbox 360 I would just mod a 120mm computer fan on the side of it to cool the parts, there you go problem solved. Still I would never buy a console, pc ftw
  9. Cydia Fan

Cydia Fan New Member

I got the rrod for the sixth time last week. And since I got the 360 the day it came out, my warranty was up. Luckily, My mom bought me a knew one. When I got mine repaired, the average was about a month. The new one she got me is sooooo freakin quiet its amazing. So yea rrod sucks.
  10. killaserg

killaserg New Member

all you have to do is take the xbox apart if you dnt have warenty and then take the mother board out and heat up the one cooler with a blow drier or heat gun for about 20 mins and then put it back in and together and then turn it on and they will be gone it is so simple to fix