When Will Quake or Doom be Released on the App Store?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by qasim, May 2, 2009.

1. qasim

qasim New Member

I've heard about Doom and Quake coming for the iPod Touch/iPhone on the app store.

Can any one confirm this and if so, does any one know of a specific release date/price point (or just a general idea.) Cause i really want a good first person shooter. I have Wolf 3D, and it's great.. and the graphics are not so hot lol (i know it's supposed to be a classic

Please Register or Log in to view images

)... I also have Hill Billy and the theme is terrible, so it's not so good. So i want like a really good first person shooter aka doom/quake. I think ID Software are working on Doom!! I'm not sure though. Can anyone please, please, please, let me in on some information on Quake/Doom or any good First Person shooter.

I have heard of iFPS Online, but apparently it's not that good.

And I've heard of live fire, but i'd like some information on Quake/Doom.. Thanks guys!!! lol [=
  2. matinsa2005

matinsa2005 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  3. iPod Touch™

iPod Touch™ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Just stick with Doom on cydia nd Quake4iPhone btw ^^^ your sig doesnt make sense to me

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Germany

Germany Banned

I heard that Quake wasn't accepted but don't take my word for it. Also, Cube is not a very good alternative. The controls aren't there yet and the overall gameplay such as aiming and moving around are pretty difficult. I'd love to see Quake or Doom in the App Store. For now, I'll be playing Assassin's Creed.
  5. Andrew2

Andrew2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Assassin's Creed isn't that bad. The controls are a bit finicky, but its defiantly not at first person shooter.
  6. BMatt

BMatt New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wolf3D has a good reason for bad graphics. It is not supposed to be a classic, it is a port of a game mad by id software BEFORE Doom ever came out. Doom and Wolfenstein3D are essentially the same game, graphics/control wise.
  7. Germany

Germany Banned

Yes, but it has a ridiculously good plot for an iPhone/iPod Touch game and the gameplay is the best out there. Assassin's Creed isn't comparable to Quake or Doom but it is sure a nice application.
  8. charlieiscool12

charlieiscool12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i agree.... assassins creed is a great game. kept me entertained for hours.... and once you beat it you can play it on hard for a real challenge
  9. matinsa2005

matinsa2005 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i wish they make part 2 for assassin's creed because the ending was so lost !!!
  10. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yea, I was lost in the ending to