when will ipod touch 32gig arrive in non-apple stores?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by maymeow, Feb 13, 2008.

1. maymeow

maymeow New Member

when will the 32 gig start arriving at non-apple retail stores.. such as target, best buy, etc? amazon says shipping estimates are for around april.. does that mean they won't be available outside of the apple store until then??

thanks!
  2. ZeRoNiXx

ZeRoNiXx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    looked in Circuit City and they are in stock, so i guess they are in stores now

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. linds

linds New Member

says Feb 22 for stores here in Canada. I would imagine it wouldn't be much different in the US, if not earlier
  4. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

The Canadian delay is bugging me. But what's bugging me more is that Future Shop is charging $519 for it. Best Buy still has the preorder for $499 though. I'm just trying to gather the money to get it there. I'm halfway there! Just gotta find a buyer for my 16 gigger.
  5. linds

linds New Member

6. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

7. maymeow

maymeow New Member

does anyone know how i can find out when it will be available at target? do you think it might just not become available? it's already available on amazon...
  8. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

Some stores have limits on how expensive products they carry can be. It results in Target carrying the 1 and 2 gb sandisk clips but not the 4gb version. They carry a line of Logitech Harmony remotes, but not the most expensive ones (880, 890, 1000) in the line. At $500 a 32gb Touch would be more expensive than almost everything else in a Target store beyond the HDTVs. I think they intentionally don't put themselves in direct competition with BestBuy for higher end electronics. The clerk at my local Target said he didn't think they would be carrying the 32gb Touch unless it comes down in price. they've had trouble selling the 16gb versions they have.