iOS 3.1 When will a Un-Tethered jailbreak be released...?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Enkeixpress, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enkeixpress

Enkeixpress Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well, I'll be getting myself a iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen sometime in the next few days & I will definately be jailbreaking it via that new blackra1n app.. But I've only just found out that that it's a tethered jailbreak which means that everytime I shut off the device or reboot.. I lose the jailbreak functionality, right?

... Well I have two questions for this issue.. When I've rebooted the device & I've lost the jailbreak functionality, what happens? I can no longer go on the device until I've connected the iPod Touch to my PC & ran blackra1n again?

Please Register or Log in to view images

And also, The most anticipated question.. When will a un-tethered jailbreak be released? ... So that we won't have to go through the trouble of having a PC nearby when our Ipod Touch 3g's decide to die on us on battery.

Thanks fellow iPod Touch owners.. And let's get through this tethered jailbreak problem together.. because honestly, we don't need it. Every iPod Touch 3g owner out there would like to be free of the chains, I'm sure!

2. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    nobody knows when an untethered jailbreak will be released, maybe never...
  3. g0dless420

g0dless420 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1) you dont lose the JB when you reboot
    2) respring is not the same as reboot. if you download a new theme, or other thing from Cydia/Rock..it Resprings...it does not reboot, so there is no need to worry in that situation.
    3) if for any reason you completely power down your iPod, whether it's from manually turning it all the way (NOT Standby mode...but holding the power button for 5 seconds, and then clicking TURN OFF), or by the battery being completely drained... then yes... plug it into a pc, and run blackrain to boot it up

4) as stated...noone knows when, or if ever, an untethered will be released. But if you have any common sense and don't let your iPod drain to 0% or turn it completely off then you wont even notice its tethered
  4. Enkeixpress

Enkeixpress Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So in other words, It's basically like having your iPhone Touch being invisibly chained to your PC.. Sure, You can walk around with the device without being anywhere near the PC but once the iTouch loses battery.. Back to the PC you go again.

That is, Until a Un-tethered jailbreak gets released & then the chains between your iTouch & PC will be broken & the iTouch is FREE & is properly broken out of jail ..

I'm correct in some sort of way, right?

God damn it! .. I so wish it wasn't like this.. But I'll cope with it, I'm sure!
  5. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Yes, but your Ipod didn't break out of jail.
  6. Enkeixpress

Enkeixpress Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ... Did it have to be like this though?

Like, Does anyone know if theres actually anyone out there finding out if we can have it un-tethered?? Or if it could have been un-tethered from the start?

I honestly believe that we won't have it like this forever.. but it'd be nice to actually KNOW for sure anyway
  7. g0dless420

g0dless420 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm far to sober for this discussion...talk to me next week.
  8. Enkeixpress

Enkeixpress Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Alrighty then lol

Well anyway, When a un-tethered jailbreak is discovered.. I think someone should let all of us iTouch 3g owners know about it here.. It'd be a nice surprise, I'm sure haha

... Actually, Nah forget it.. It'd probably be posted on the main page or something as it'll be getting alot of attention, Oh yes.
  9. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There is no deadline for an untethered 3G jailbreak.

Don't base your purchases on an expectation one will be released - unless someone can find an exploitable hole in the new boot rom or another low level jailbreak method we may never see a 3G untethered jailbreak.

Thread closed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.