When will 2.01 be released? + <rant>

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by dcescott, Jul 18, 2008.

1. dcescott

dcescott New Member

I am a noob here, forgive me. But I did download the 2.0 software for free. I refuse to pay for for a software update since I bought my ipod last year just before the January update bull. That pissed me off.

Had 2.0 for a week now, enjoying the apps until yesterday I had to restore. Annnnd again today, another restore. I learned how to force the restore and reload the apps/games and playlists, but it's a pain the ass and frustrating since I have to re-enter my wep key and so on...
    You know I was going to jailbreak it earlier this year. Decided to wait, and wait, and wait. Mainly because I was working two jobs and freelancing (feast or famine imo). I didn't have time to tinker with it. I have been a mac user since 99 and the last time I had problems was with OS 9.2.1-9.2.2 era. I am disappointed and hoping for the next update to fix the instability. What's the deal and when is the fix coming out?

Thanks guys. Btw, the sarcasm here is great! Good to see some humor amongst the onslaught of new users here! Good reading!
  2. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Screw piracy
  3. QuAdS

QuAdS New Member

if you got the firmware for free, i assume you got it through a source such as *******s.

what might have happend is that you downloaded the wrong version.
    the nexwest and final versoin of the ipot firmware 2.0 is 5a347.
    you might have an early version which would give you instability.
  4. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

yes, your problem might be that you're using a Beta 2.0
  5. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    As it has been said before:

Patience is a Virtue.

Do you really want Apple to rush the firmware AGAIN?​
  6. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's not piracy.
    Apple made a mistake, they pay the price.
    Thanks for quoting the first post of a thread too, you've shown your intelligence.

Anyways, 2.0.1. should come soon.
    It is currently being tested in Atlanta (AT&T's HQ) and San Francisco (obviously close to Apple's HQ).
    The only reason 2.0 is buggy is because they honestly rushed it.
    There are lots of differences between the 1.x and 2.x, including frameworks and just how the system runs in general.
    The fact that they added lots of features towards the end of the beta cycle also doesn't help, as that really defeats beta testing..
    Another issue is that developers rushed to prepare and submit their applications by the deadline, coupled with the fact that updates aren't being rolled out as quickly as they should because of the amount of work Apple has.
    As soon as this firmware and the application updates have been rolled out, we should be more stable than 2.0.
  7. dcescott

dcescott New Member

No I got the 5a347 from a [PIRACY.rs] three parter. I loaded the correct or latest.
  8. reluttr

reluttr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Actually you do know that you can get a direct download off the apple servers... At least I know you could when the 3g was released, matter of fact there was like 10 threads on here addressing it and some even had the download link....

Also some people were able upgrade inside of itunes also...

Also yes 5a347 could be downloaded using this method. However Im not supporting piracy, I just wanted to clerify that it is/was possible to get 2.0 for free from apple

Please Register or Log in to view images

Also for on topic, 2.0 has been very buggy for me to. Matter of fact I had to restore yesterday because itunes had error when installing a app and accadently deleted the media partion... Everything seems to be fine now that I did a restore.
  9. malibusurfer93

malibusurfer93 Banned

i agree with tes. it needs some time to be well done
  10. mounky

mounky New Member

Firstly this firware is called 1.2.0 not 2.0 so it will be called 1.2.1 not 2.0.1