When will 1st Gen love die?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ./^\.ACE./^\., Jan 30, 2010.

1. ./^\.ACE./^\.

./^\.ACE./^\. Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad all use the same iPhone OS, with some differences in them. My question is how long will that last? At what point will a new firmware only come out for 2nd Gen and up? or will some day come that the iPod Touch is replaced with a diferent product? I want to hear what you think. What is the future of the iPhone OS? What is the future of our beloved iPod Touches?
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    How are we supposed to know?
  3. Chamilism

Chamilism New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    It's hard to answer that. the 1G is pretty much like the 2G software wise. So I don't think it will even lose the love unless a newer different type of ipod Touch comes out. Or If like the iPod Touch depends on Voice Control all the time. Like to unlock the iPod you need to say unlock or something like that. I don't think Ipod 1G Could do that.
  4. Chukz15

Chukz15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    First generation love will never die. Why? because it is the first! The iPod will be a very tough product to replace. Remember they would be replacing the iphone also, and the app-store and developers will be making to much money to freshly dive into a new market. It will come eventually, but I just don't see what they could possibly come up with.
  5. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I think when something really REALLY big happens to iPhone OS, like maybe 5.0, then the 1st gen will be done.
  6. The Killswitch

The Killswitch Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    It won't die. It still does everything a media player should do, still browses the web, and still downloads apps.

Hell, I have a PSP 1000, and it still does everything I bought it for, and more.