When To Buy?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by genusgenius, Mar 13, 2008.

1. genusgenius

genusgenius New Member

Hey all, I'm a noob I know. Therefore, I have a noob question. I already read the FAQ and at least I am not posting my question there! Anyways, I never bought an iPod before, I always use other MP3 players. But I was very impressed with the iPod Touch. I wanted to buy one but 16GB wasn't enough. Now that 32GB is out, I am getting closer. But I can't see myself spending $500 on it! Then I read that there is going to be a $100 price drop. So I decided to go for it. THEN

Please Register or Log in to view images

rolleyes

my Apple friend told me that they are going to upgrade the design (Bigger screen?). Is this so? What are some things I should wait for/watch out for when I go to buy my 32GB? Thanks,
  2. genusgenius

genusgenius New Member

so many people and no replies?!?
  3. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    my best guess would be in june when the 2.0 firmware comes out.
  4. genusgenius

genusgenius New Member

Thanks

Any other suggestions people?
  5. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Read Wikipedia, read articles, do research before you buy anything. Don't just ask questions. Read a lot first.
  6. iPodTouchEdwards

iPodTouchEdwards New Member

i shud hope not or im gonna be super pissed.
    find a reliable source that says that.
    its probably just rumours.
  7. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Bigger screen? No.
    More space? Yes.
    Price Drop? Probably Not anytime soon.

My advice is to get it after late June once the SDK and Firmware 2.0 arrives so you'll get it pre-installed on you iPod. That's only if you can wait.

If you can't, just go for it now. A new generation of iPod Touch won't come fast so you'll be fine for hardware purposes. For software, if you buy now and don't care about a couple dollars here or there then you can buy the SDK for a nominal fee (god knows what Appple says by nominal

).
  8. ava54

ava54 New Member

Well I am addicted to ipod touch, how could you resist yourself for so long from ipod?
    I had iPod shuffle [1 GB], now I have purchased ipod touch [32 GB] through apple store coupons which I got from online coupons source - discounts.shopathome.com/Specials.aspx ; I am very happy to get black ipod touch.
  9. genusgenius

genusgenius New Member

Well, before the iPod was really not that different from other products available. The quality was better, but I was always turned off by the fact that the initial cost is high, any accessories will also cost a lot, and it will be obsolete after such a short period of time, even in the digital age. But when the Touch came out, it was quite unique to me. When I saw my friends Touch, I was amazed at all the features and the actual size. When the $100 price break comes (and 2.0 in June) I think it will be worth it. Thanks all for your input and advice.