When ipt2 is left alone it ....

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by dudeofswim, Apr 30, 2009.

1. dudeofswim

dudeofswim New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Title+ turnsoff takes quite a bit of efort to boot redsn0w0.3 happens in others too. What am I doing wrong here and do you think my ipod specifcally has this prob
  2. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

never heard of any of these problems... try putting your device into DFU mode and restoring to factory 2.2.1 and rejailbreaking with RedSn0w 0.3

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. jev

jev New Member

Mine does the same thing sometimes as well. It did it before it was jailbroken too, so it must be some glitch in it from the factory.
  4. dudeofswim

dudeofswim New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh yeah. And sometimes it happens , other times it doesnt. Ie just strted it today and worked, played for 1 min, closed case , bam turned off. Have like semi enter dfu mode to boot (home and sleep) like for 5 sevonds...
    any help is nice .. happening with all my jbs
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    edit: what case are you using jev.. mine is flip with magnets ,,,, seems to cause the problems
  5. jev

jev New Member

That sounds like my case too, but mine did it before I started using the case. Mine has done this since it was brand new. I also have to do the same as you to get it to boot up.(I have to hold both buttons until my boot logo comes up.)
    It don't do it all the time, just every once in a while.
  6. skullz2222

skullz2222 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Jev - since you had this problem all the time maybe you should go to apple and get it fixed?
    As for dudeofswim maybe you shouldnt use the case unless thats not the problem.
  7. jev

jev New Member

It's a little annoying but not enough to go through all that trouble. I have a 1st gen as well so I have a back-up when my 2nd gen does this.
    BTW my wife and 2 kids have 2nd gens and the same case as I and they don't have a problem so I doubt it's the case causing dudeofswim's problem.