When i restore saved games it crashes?

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by Davidpark120, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Davidpark120

Davidpark120 New Member

can i ask why it does that?
  2. Zach23

Zach23 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well that happened to me to with Fire Emblem but only when I saved from the game. I think thats because it createtes an .svs file that cannot be opened with gpsphone. So you should be good if you hit menu than yes... If you want to play that game again restart gpsphone (close and open)
  3. Nordini

Nordini Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i PMed you back about this, but id also like to say this.

if it crashes on you which has happened to me, just keep selecting the save file until it doesnt. it crashed 3 times in a row on me but on the fourth try of trying to open the save file i quickly pressed the d-pad and it worked.
  4. bairen

bairen New Member

Unfortunately, this also happened to me.

my final fantasy tactics advanced is now stuck.
    i saved and restored it a couple times before, no problem.

but today, i saved, and tried to restore, it crashed to my home screen.

i tried rebooting my ipod, deleting and adding back my gpsphone folder...
    re-applying 755 permissions..

to no avail...

seems that my couple of hours training has gone down the drain...

i was kinda hoping for a miracle ( it acted this way for abit and then it started working all over again .. )
  5. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    It happened to me however i resolved the problem by doing:

When i'm in the middle of my intense game i just click the menu button at the top.

2. It asks if i want to create save image something like that.
    3. I Click yes then i click home button on the ipod then click gpSPhone button go to saved games and load back the game it it works you need to exit the app before you can reload anything in the app.

Also if your not talking about saving an image type of thing, if your talking about the autosave type thing like you save internally inside a game and you close the app and try to reload it and it doesn't load the previous save state then sorry i'm not experiencing this problem so i can't help you out bud but i'll look into it 4 u.
  6. bairen

bairen New Member

yea
    i was doing this..
    pressing the "menu" button and clicking "yes" to save...
    but i could load it back up right away without pressing the "home" button though..

worked fine for quite abit too.
  7. iTyler

iTyler New Member

it happens to me also
  8. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    That happened to me, but It worked when I hit start new game, then just loaded my save...
  9. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

i have tried loading the state multiple times but no dice. even resetting the ipod does not remedy the situation. my other saves work fine except for this one (minish cap). oh well, this emulator is still being developed, so i am not too worried.
  10. leogurl723

leogurl723 New Member

i had this problem too, it was truly irksome but i think i've figured it out (or at least it hasn't failed me yet). after pressing "menu" at the top, and then saving the game, go back to your regular life etc. BUT, if you want to restore that saved game, be sure to turn off your iPod COMPLETELY (meaning hold the home button and the little black button on the top of the iPod until the Shut Off switch appears). when you turn your iPod back on, and go to gpsPhone and restore your saved game, it should happen with success. it's worked for me everytime! good luck!