When i install some apps, it exits to the home screen and doesn't install it

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by gottabeandrew, Jun 11, 2008.

1. gottabeandrew

gottabeandrew New Member

When i'm installing some apps/updates using installer, when it gets to the "Updating package" part of the process, it stops and exits to the home screen without the application being there on the home screen. This seems to happen with random applications. The only example i can think of right now is the Customize update but it happens with a lot others too. Surely i can't be the only one with this problem?
  2. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    your not, usually when this happens you have to rejailbreak
  3. olicf

olicf New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Im sure the main cause of this problem is due to memory, install bosstool and free up some space, should work after that

Please Register or Log in to view images

BTW You should search before you post!
  4. Zigg47

Zigg47 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    the main reason this happens most of the time people use it all their disk space by installing to many apps! So first try uninstalling some apps then try installing some new ones if that doesnt work then i have no idea sorry!

Zigg47
  5. gottabeandrew

gottabeandrew New Member

I do usually search but i had no idea where to begin with a search this time lol.
  6. olicf

olicf New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yea,

and saying 'thank's' doesn't hurt either
  7. gottabeandrew

gottabeandrew New Member

Yeah, you were right. Bosstool did work. Thankyou!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. gottabeandrew

gottabeandrew New Member

Ok, so i installed this boss tool and hose to move all of the fonts to somewhere else using it. I tried going into applications and it was exiting to the home screen instantly. Then i pressed the power button to turn the screen off and it turned itself back on with that wheel going round and then that was replaced by another one on top of it then another one and that happened every 10 seconds. I turned it off by holding down the home button and sleep/wake button at the same time for 10 seconds. I turned it back on and it continued before it got past the apple logo bit. How do i fix it now?
  9. Sri1234432

Sri1234432 New Member

This is what u do

this is what you do:
    first of all, the reason for this problem is you installed too many apps. You have to install bossprefs and then bosstool and move your apps to free disk space on the bosstool app, its easy and takes 30 seconds. Next, you reinstall installer by going to uninstall and tap installer and then tap reinstall, don't worry all ur apps will b still on the home screeen, it will fix the problem. Good luck