When does apple update the firmware of thier stock

Discussion in 'iPad' started by theflexxxman, Aug 12, 2010.

1. theflexxxman

theflexxxman Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    So I have received the great news that I will be getting an iPad soon woot. However, I want to be able to jailbreak it and the PDF exploit has been patched in 3.2.2 i want to know. Does apple update the fw of their stock or do they update as a new model comes out
  2. Casiuss

Casiuss Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    dont think you will get it with 3.2.2. It just came out.
  3. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Apple does it like this: All their stock devices are drained and without a firmware. Before they ship, they get charged and a FW put on. So if you ordered after the release of 3.2.2, it will have 3.2.2 (coming directly from apple)
  4. NoJoDeL

NoJoDeL New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I think my parents are going to be getting me an iPad for my birthday (Sept 12) and I plan on jailbreaking it. If they were to walk into the store in say a week or two, would the iPads have 3.2.2; or an earlier firmware if they buy it from an actual Apple store, not online.?
  5. xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx

xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    i was just about to ask the same question, im gonna get an iphone 4 in a week or 2, what firmware would it be on?
  6. Qwedgeonline

Qwedgeonline Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    It depends on how often they receive shipments of iPhones, and WHEN they are shipped. I called an Apple Store regarding iPad stock, and they said they receive shipments of almost every item, (i.e. iPod cases, Software CDs, iPods, iPads, Cables, and other things) but the number of each item is completely random, and what they ship is what they get. If the shipment was from a week after 3.2.2 was released, you can expect an iPhone 4 with 3.2.2.