When can you download apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by *JustMe*, Dec 9, 2008.

1. *JustMe*

*JustMe* Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Can you download apps bafore you have your ipod? I have it but Im not allowed to use it until after Christmas. Can I download them now? or do I have to wait?
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

You can buy apps via iTunes in the App Store before you have an iPod Touch hooked up, but you have to have an iTunes account to do so with it. Then you download them to your PC (taking advantage of any sale prices) and then upload them to the iPod once you have it.
  3. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

Lol! Sounds like a parent problem. You can, actually. Just look for your app you want in the iTunes store in iTunes 8, then just click get app. You just need an Apple Account.
  4. *JustMe*

*JustMe* Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Ok thanks guys Lol yea my mom paid for the ipod but i ordered it and picked it out. shes sick(Cancer) and cant go shopping so i did it online for her. basically get what i want lol too bad i have to wait so long.
  5. Fr3shY

Fr3shY New Member

Ohh damn that sucks (mom part) and that's pretty sweet. (ipod touch).

~Fr3shY
  6. *JustMe*

*JustMe* Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    yea shes actually doing alot better now hopefully she stays that way until at least after Christmas.
  7. Germany

Germany Banned

That's what I did like a week before I got my iPod. I found a bunch of good apps and got them. When I brought my 2g iPod Touch home, I synced and there were all my apps. In your case when you open it up. It is a good idea to find apps now because when you first use it you will probably excited and not know what to get for apps.
  8. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Condolences on the cancer issue there, but glad to hear your mom's doing better. I'd basically suggest buying any apps or getting the free ones if they're free for promotion while they're available and then syncing them onto the iPod once you get it. You can get them as long as your account's set up, so you're good to go now.