When adding sources to installer...help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Mandanooch, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Mandanooch

Mandanooch New Member

Hey! My ipod touch is jailbroken and is running 2.02 firmware...I've been trying to add sources to the Installer (I pwnd it with Cydia and Installer...i think installer 3?), but every time I go into installer to add sources, installer essentially freezes and it says at the bottle right that there are 14 tasks (in the little red bubble). These tasks either never go down or they take forever to start decreasing. When the task number finally went away, I tried to add a source and the same thing happened...the only thing I do to get out of it is return to the main menu/springboard. Please help!? Thank you!
  2. iRobin

iRobin New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I got this problem too, I startup Installer 4 and after 3-4 seconds it freezes when refreshing the sources, what to do?
  3. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just don't use Installer untill the bugs are sorted out, Cydia is far more stable.
  4. jack.misner@virgin.net

jack.misner@virgin.net New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    agreed. installer has so many errors and bugs it just isnt worth trying to use it.
  5. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    When Installer starts refreshing sources, go to the Tasks tab, and wait for the sources to refresh.

You'll be able to use it once it's done, and it doesn't take long to refresh when you are there (mine freezes at random times when refreshing the Mod My iPhone source though, maybe removing it will get rid of that problem though).

Also, don't let Installer to gather too many tasks while you browse, or it might crash (don't scroll too fast through the categories)