When adding songs from zip file makes doubles

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by djtjramz, Feb 13, 2010.

1. djtjramz

djtjramz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hi guys, when i add songs to my itunes library it makes doubles of the songs. I usually get my songs from a zip folder from a mixtape website. I have windows 7 and itunes version 9.0.2.25 . When i was XP it never did this. any help?
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You can remove duplicates - File > Show Duplicates.
  3. djtjramz

djtjramz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks for the quick reply but i already know that. when i add the songs it makes doubles and i goto file > show duplicates and delete them i was wondering if there is a fix for this. i dont want to delete 10 songs everytime i add a mixtape. thanks for your help.
  4. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Is your iTunes configured to copy files to the iTunes directory before adding them to the library?
  5. djtjramz

djtjramz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    umm if you mean the option thats at the advanced tab then yes it is. because what i do is i download the mixtape to my desktop then extract it to my desktop. then it turns into folder then i drag the folder into the library. then i delete the 2 files cause there in the library at C:\user\administrator\music\itunes media.
  6. nadnerb33

nadnerb33 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    bit late, but make sure you're not copying the playlist file + the mp3s into iTunes.
    The iTunes will add all tracks to your library and then add the tracks that are in the playlist (which will be duplicates)

So basically, copy just the single playlist file (.m3u or .pls) OR the individual mp3s, but not both.