Whats your true gut feeling about the possibility of a 2G JailBreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ThrowAway, Nov 11, 2008.

?

1. Yes, I truly believe there will be a 2G JailBreak

59 vote(s)
    74.7%
  2. No, I truly believe there will never be a 2G JailBreak

11 vote(s)
    13.9%
  3. I'm truly undecided if there will be or wont be a 2G JailBreak

9 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. ThrowAway

ThrowAway New Member

2. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I think it will come, but it will be a while and it will be VERY complicated. (as in another 72 step jailbreak

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  3. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Yes, it'll be awhile away, but the iPhone Dev Team (or whoever comes first) knows that the each individual in the community has become a one-click jailbreaker thus those 72-stepper capable users are a rare breed.

There is also a good chance it will come down to a hardware mod or something of that nature, so only the future will tell.
    (I own a 1g, so the 2g doesn't really concern me. As such, I may be out of the loop

)
  4. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    1) haha yeah really
    2) i kinda hope its not. that would kinda "dampen" the fun.
    3) same here

5. JustCallMeCloud

JustCallMeCloud New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Stop asking this question. If it happens it will happen, if it doesn't it won't. None of our opinions matter.

(When I say stop asking, I mean everyone not just you.)
  6. ThrowAway

ThrowAway New Member

Who the f*** are you to tell me what to do? Who made you forum policeman?

Sorry dude but I'm interested in peoples gut feelings about possibility of a 2G jailbreak. I'm interested in the amount of hope that people have in regards to a JB.

I'm not asking when it will happen.

Sorry dude it really pisses me off when people like you try to clamp down on peoples freedom of speech.
  7. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    For a start, you need to take a chill pill.

Like your democratic right to ask the question, it is his democratic right to give his version of his thoughts. before you jump on the "i have my rights" bandwagon, just remember those of us that answer, also have these rights. Basically saying, if i think you are a tool, then i am free to say so.

Unfortunately, i live in Australia. We have no freedom of speech act. In so being, i must refrain from calling you a tool, to merely thinking it.

He has a point though. every second thread on here is a "what about the 2nd gen ipod touch jailbreak" related thread. It's just a jailbreak. dont even know why they called it this, seeing as though its freedoms dont really include much the ipod cant do already apart from, um... um.... changing icons.... backgrounds.... um... homebrew, none of which is any better then the trash we get on itunes app store quite frankly. Oh, i forgot... emulators... wow!! i really want to play $5 Atari 2600 games on my $300+ ipod. With their bad clunky graphics. No-one ever bought a sinclair computer... why bother with an emulator for it ?

In my opinion, it is hardly a jailbreak if it seems the device is on weekend detention with all meals and heaps of outside sunshine and is good mates with the warden.

Oh, and your rebuttal would have seems a little more convincing if it contained a little less troglodyte language

8. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

well to get back on topic a little, i think its gonna come but i doubt it'll be in 08, im think some time shortly after the first of the year, if its not out by february then it probably never will be, thats my feelings about it, and oh yeah, its def gonna be a tricky one, no one step jb imo
  9. thejosh88

thejosh88 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    wow that was awsome!
  10. ThrowAway

ThrowAway New Member

Thanks for your post. It's interesting that you have the above gut feelings. I have to ask you now what you actually base them on, is it just a hope that you have or is it based on an evaluation on everything that you have gleaned from reading about the 2g JB?
    ------------------double post merged------------------

oh and you dude - He can say whatever the hell he wants to about me. I have a thick enough skin to take it. The point of fact is and something you missed in comprehension 101 was "Stop asking this question" thats telling me what to do.........there's a difference that you should have picked up on.

And "Oh, and your rebuttal would have seems a little more convincing if it contained a little less troglodyte language" LOL one swear word, call the swearing monitor quickly she's almost out the door! ......"mate" you need to harden up......or watch a little more of your English convict cousin Gordon Ramsey

Group chill pill time.