What's wrong with the App Store today?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by mikeman118, Dec 30, 2008.

1. mikeman118

mikeman118 New Member

The App Store isn't really working today, at least for me. Here's some stuff that's not working

1. I have a perpetual "update" to one of my applications, but there is never an update! It always says I have 1 update and when I check there is none (this has been going on a long time)
    2. The app pages don't seem to have updated. For example, this application went on sale (I've put a box around the stuff that's different):
      2008-12-30_101806.png
      But then when you look at the iTunes page:
      2008-12-30_101737.png
      It's not on sale according to iTunes. But then when you search for it in the App Store on your iPod/iPhone, you get this:
      IMG_0005.png
      Notice that not only is the price different, it has reviews. But the iTunes page says there's no reviews. Of course, once you actually click on the app
      IMG_0006.png
      you get this, and what do you know? The price is different! So it's really confusing... I'm not really sure what the price is.
    3. When I get an update to the application, the page doesn't update to reflect the new update. For example:
      This is the page of an application after it's update, from AppShopper.com
      TapDefense AppShopper.png
      But then when you look at it in iTunes
      TapDefense.png
      Notice the difference in the red areas.
    4. Even when I have updates they don't seem to show up in the App Store on my iPod

So am I the only one who's having these problems? Or has anyone else experienced these?
  2. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Anything that is not officially from iTunes or Apple (even applications from the App Store) should not be taken as %100 true. There may be mistakes.

Whatever is on iTunes is the official price you pay regardless of what a site may say.
  3. mikeman118

mikeman118 New Member

Yeah, I was just using this application as an example of what I'd noticed, that it was different all around. So you're saying that if the price is different in the App Store then iTunes has the correct price?