What's wrong with tethered?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Devoo55, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Devoo55

Devoo55 New Member

Ok, I'm kinda new at this whole jailbreaking thing. What does "tethered version" mean and what does MN mean when he says it has a flaw or something? Please help a "stupid" guy out. Don't use any words I shouldn't know please lol.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. yoshio_221

yoshio_221 New Member

it cant save the jailbreak, so everytime you reboot you will have to patch it or else it wont boot. basically means if you want to keep the jailbreak, dont turn it off, only put it on sleep mode.

3. that one guy

that one guy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    tghe tethered version of the jailbreak means that whenever you boot ur ipod up you have to have it connected to ur pc or mac so that u can install the redsnow patch and they are workingf on a way that does not require it to be connected to a pc but if they can't then they will release the tethered jailbreak and find another exploit

4. Devoo55

Devoo55 New Member

Oh ok thanks
  5. cbailey78

cbailey78 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That's what I do! I always put it on sleep mode. I have absolutely no reason to turn the device off. I would think the tethered version would be pretty much no problem for many of us since this forum is just going absolutely insane of anxious people dying to get a jailbreak as people have been waiting for ages for! This forum is sure is getting strict, admins are cracking down on out of control people. The tethered version would greatly help all the annoying exciters to calm down and have something to occupy and it it will GREATLY give the Dev-Team the slack and help them take pretty much 98% of the stress off those hard working Dev-Team, So, I am glad that he would release the tethered version of the jailbreak if the Dev-Team hits a dead-end!

Keep up the good work, Musclenerd! Take your time as much as you can as I have positive faith in the release soon! *Gives Firm Handshake*

6. Swifty01

Swifty01 New Member

How do you even completely turn off the Touch? I always just hit the button on the top, which puts it to sleep...
  7. Devoo55

Devoo55 New Member

To shut it off, you hold the power button and then slide to shut off.
  8. katking123

katking123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah i dont see why they release it, its probly only like 2mb or something cause its basically like a terminal for ur ipod touch
  9. sonytt

sonytt New Member

I hope today...
  10. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4