Whats with the lack of cases in stores?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jeremytodd1, Oct 16, 2010.

1. jeremytodd1

jeremytodd1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is it just me or are there pretty much no cases in stores? Sure, Best Buy has a few but other than that I haven't found ANY.

I got one online but I just think it'd weird how every other gen had a bunch of cases everywhere but this gen theres pretty much nothing.
  2. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    maybe because they didnt get any in stock
  3. mkm159

mkm159 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    well, it could be due to 2 things: some companies have not made cases for the new iPod yet and also lots of companies do not even sell their products in store. Some are all based online.
    But it is mostly due to stores not getting them in stock yet.

Example: Switcheasy is only online. (here in the US anyways)
  4. micro_hard

micro_hard Active Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    because 4G is still a relatively new product
  5. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

How many named brands of cases are there? Not many. The few names there are have to ramp up their production first before they can distribute them amongst retail stores.

Online is different, as they can service a much larger area from one place - which is the best option while demand is so high.
  6. Blackened

Blackened Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Waiting for Incase Slider.. Still no mention of iPT4G on their website.. Using the Griffin as a temp.
  7. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

Well in my area, each store has some deal with certain companies. Walmart sells Griffin and case-mate, Target sells incase and speck.
  8. silvershadow328

silvershadow328 New Member

I went to a MicroCenter just the other day, asking for a 4G case and he said they would have them in a couple weeks. I asked why they were taking so long and he said that apparently Apple released the dimensions for the other Ipod Touches well before they released the actual device but for the fourth generation, they didn't release the specs on time.

Maybe that's why you don't see Belkin or other big name brands producing cases?
  9. Crigger540

Crigger540 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Its real easy, last year all the case companies got burned when they made cases with camera holes. They had to send all those cases to the landfill, so this year they waited till ipt4 came out. They are about 4-6 weeks behind schedule.
  10. TechDudeGeorge

TechDudeGeorge Active Member

If you need a case, check on Ebay/Amazon there are loads. The stores are just late in getting shipments. Some local stores of mine don't even have the new touches in yet. They only just got the new shuffles.