What's with people in this forum?

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by Abcmsaj, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    It seems like some people are only here to srounge off people for Jailbreak methods and cool, new apps - And then contribute to the community by giving bad rep.

Why you ask?

Here's the excuse I got:
    "dont ask 4 rep!!!!"

Pardon?

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47768

That's the thread I started, where I ask to give rep to me and others who help.
    Nothing wrong with that?
    If I said "donate to me" - You wouldn't donate?
    You wouldn't say "Don't ask for donations..." So why ruin my rep count with your childish ways?

And also - To withhold your name?! Brilliant - Now I can't -Rep you or humiliate you for your act of stupidity.

-Rep for advertising, flaming, etc.
    +Rep for good finds, notices, app creations, good themes, etc.
    -
    Rant Over.
    1 person likes this.
  2. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    someone -repped me because i was one of the first (possibly the very first) to put a line about the rep system in my signature. pretty much the same comment you had. I mean, if you find a post helpful, amusing, etc then give rep

Only give negative rep for real bad things! Like abuse to another member, bad language, etc, I mean things that are actually wrong! not if you simply disagree with someone, or if they ask for rep sometimes. It's not up to you to decide whether they mention giving rep for useful information, sometimes people forget.
    1 person likes this.
  3. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    can anyone explain why having rep points is even important? you save them up and get a free itunes card or something? not trying to be funny, just that there are so many threads on here about something that it seems is totally irrelevant to well, anything, really.
    1 person likes this.
  4. simonrichards150

Device:
    iPod touch
    well, you see, before this system was introduced, people would brag about their post count, which is meaningless, because you can post a load of crud and get a high post count.

But rep is controlled by other people and it does mean something because if you do something good, you get rep for it usually. And it is a REAL indicator of your worth

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yeah i get all of that. but i mean, really, isnt it just a little bit of an ego thing? lets face it, you either know you have helped someone or youve been a complete ass. what does a number from someone else really mean?

anyway, just my thoughts, please dont -rep me
  6. simonrichards150

Device:
    iPod touch

would never -rep someone for offering their opinion

7. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  8. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Was that directed at me?

But yeah, I think I've done quite a few good things, and apparently so do other people.

I give negative rep to spammers, advertisement messages ( I know

), racist comments, and useless crap. But I give positive rep quite a bit and usually put my name on the rep form so people can get back to me, or rep me if they choose.

I don't exactly know why I have such a high rep (135+). It might be from the numerous threads I post, some people want llamas. I encourage rep by sending people a llama each time they rep me, positively or negatively, although I prefer positively

, if they put their name or send me a PM to say they repped me. It makes things a little more fun, and I end up getting a better reputation. I haven't sent out many llamas recently though.

1 person likes this.
  9. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus

The god of rep has arrived.
    I BET SpoonForKnife gets -Repped for "having too much rep"

I mean c'mon..
  10. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

I actually did.
    My rep just went down from someone down repping me in the Mod Image Signature thread, when my reply to someone asking me how much rep I had was 108. So I just got repped for having too much rep. Wow.

btw, was that you?