What's with Apple/AT&T and limiting features?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MegaDell, Sep 15, 2009.

1. MegaDell

MegaDell New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Why do they put out a product that can do so much stuff, and not unlock it?

It'd be like if Nissan, or I guess Infinity, put out the new GTR, but only let you get up to 4th gear. It makes no sense. It can do this, it is capable of all this, what possible reason did they have to limit people from using blutooth?

I mean, I guess it's good for them, charging for it and all, but how can they act surprised and angry when people want to unlock their products? If you paid for a iphone/ipod touch, you should be able to utilize everything in that device. Everything it's capable off.

And AT&T is FINALLY allowing SMS, and tethering? I get a feeling that's never gonna come around, there contract will expire and they will lose the iphone long before they allow tethering.
  2. superrob

superrob Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I hope you mean allows "MMS" and not SMS

Please Register or Log in to view images

But well AT&T really show of how LAME they are.. i mean.. "We are not ready for MMS".. NOT READY? Where have you been MMS is like 7 years old now! In my eyes AT&T really is the worst company you can have. Luckyli no danish providers are that much of whiners.
  3. MegaDell

MegaDell New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yea, my bad. My guess is their network is having enough trouble as it is without people sending pics and videos. I mean, if people in Cali/NY thought it was bad before, it's about to get a lot worse.