What's with ads in apps?...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Pelaez-1, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Honestly, why the spree of adding ads to apps like MIM, Snapture, Categories (don't use it, but I read about it somewhere), and other apps?

I agree that devs deserve our support, but ads is the worst way to get it.

For example, who has MIM open for more than 2 minutes? I only opened once to change the carrier and that's it. So what did the ads do for Erica Sadun?

Snapture, ok, you can buy a license and get rid of the ads, sounds fair, but honestly, I'd rather have it to stop working after 15 days, than having the camera application leeching my data plan...

I'm not even sure categories has the option to buy a license and remove the ads, and having it to conect to the internet whenever I want to open an application (actually, I'm not even sure where it places the ads, as I don't use it anymore), sorry, but I pass.

I know that devs deserve money, but in that case, they should give trials and sell licenses. We all know people is gonna crack the apps, but there will be people who buys them, and people will want to remove the ads in current apps anyway...

Oh, and I don't think MIM should have licenses, not even ads. It's only a tweak.

What do you guys think about this subject?
  2. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    developers add ads to the apps so they can get funded for making that app and give it away 4 free just like tv or this site. most developers also sell a ad- less version of teh app but it costs $$$$
  3. mitch88ell

mitch88ell New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well the adds are there because these developers put there hard time into making these apps for FREE. They add the feature to buy a license because they make no profit. If they went into the app store, they would be either rejected or the jailbreaking community would shortly become nothing. I wouldn't complain, and I would click on some of their adds to fund for future apps.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Both of you guys misread pretty much everything. I understand that they want money, but I don't like the idea of adds, as I said, they have to connect to the internet to retrieve the info, which uses the data plan.

I'd just rather trying it for 15 days without ads and paying after that, else, it stops working.

Please READ the whole thread and not just the title... Else it's gonna be considered spamming and you will be reported, thanks for understanding.