whats up with this 16gb ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nigelp12345, Mar 11, 2009.

1. nigelp12345

nigelp12345 New Member

yo i just recently registered, ive been searching and searching about info on this 16 gb ipod touch it looks old, i bought it from a friend for cheap, and desided to jail break it, so i downloaded ziphone 3.0 and jail broke it the firmware version was 1.1.5 and it worked so i went to the installed app, tried getting some games and so forth and getting "cannot download package error" so i searched did some downgrading from 1.1.5 to 1.1.4 to 1.1.3 and couldnt install 1.1.2 or 1.1.1 and got an error in itunes so i downloaded an older version of itunes version 7.5 still same issue with above firm ware. so i quit for a day and came back to it now, finally found a way to down grade to 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 and then ran into a problem and couldnt jail break, got stuck on 1.10 in the status on ziphone, so i looked some more and tried iliberty+ tried a jail break again got stuck on boot ramdisk, so i couldnt find any info on fixing it, everything i find is iphone support, so i found a download for ziphone again but version 2.6b upgraded to 1.1.4 and jail broke it with sucess but ran into the same problem when i cant install apps through the installer. i know my wifi is working because i have 4 other devices working fine so after 5-7 hours of restoring and updating and looking up info on this ipod i cannot install anything at all ive came up with nothing, so if anyone can give me some advice im probly just going to use this ipod just like a boring normal ipod. lol
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1.* firmwares have been outdated for over a year when we moved to the new 2.* system. Most of the old 1.* Installer 'legacy' repo sources are either dead or haven't been updated for a very long time. This is why you are probably getting connection problems to some of them.

My advice is to pay a one shot fee to update to the 2.* firmwares as that's where the action is at.
  3. nigelp12345

nigelp12345 New Member

haha thanks man ill giver a shot