What's up with linksys and hpsetup?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Sarcasm Siempre, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So yeah. Whenever I try to connect to a "linksys" or "hpsetup" network on my touch, it says it's connected, but then I get the "Not connected to the Internet" error when I open Safari. This is really annoying because there's a full-strength "hpsetup" network accessible from my math class, but it does what I just described.

Anyone know what's going on?
  2. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I get that too. I think what may be happening is that the iPod finds the router, but can't receive a compatible signal from it. I really don't know, though. Also the fact that they have default names may mean they haven't been configured yet, but are plugged in.
  3. ThunderBull4

ThunderBull4 New Member

Are these your own routers or random wireless? I sometimes get that when im searching random hotspots, but it works fine with my linksys router. Other routers may be using options which the ipod can't configure to. If you have a linksys, just use default settings and put a passowrd on the wireless, and it should connect no problem.
  4. Sarcasm Siempre

Device:
    iPod touch
    They're random networks, not mine.
  5. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I bet your school uses HP printers - don't they!

googling "hpsetup" will tell you that it is a wireless capable printer that is not yet set up for wireless printing. Therfore, a printer would not give you internet and that is why it doesn't work.

As for "linksys" - that would be a linksys router that has not been setup either. But, linksys routers work out of the box anyways, so you should be able to connect to them.
  6. Sarcasm Siempre

Device:
    iPod touch
    Cool, thanks for the info.