What's up, Apple peoples....

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by JimMcG, Apr 28, 2009.

1. JimMcG

JimMcG New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Just signed up trying to do some research on the 2G Touch. Not a big fan of Apple, never owned any Apple stuff but the wife was captivated by her niece's Ipod Touch so I decided to buy her one for our anniversary which is this Friday. I may end up liking it as much as she will.

16GB model is wingin' it's way from China to central PA as I type...should be here today which gives me a couple days to play with it before I give it to her on Friday. Would be cool if I could do a little bit of customizing it for her in advance.

Off to search the board for tips and info...

Jim
  2. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Get Jim welcome to iptf. I'm chris, I know she will enjoy the iPod.
  3. JimMcG

JimMcG New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Thanks Chris.....FedEx just dropped it off! Play time

Please Register or Log in to view images

Can at least set it up to work with our wireless network while I figure out other stuff.
  4. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Yes go into settings select wifi and then select a connection. If you want a short description of some great jailbreak applications look here.
  5. JimMcG

JimMcG New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Having some trouble setting up the wifi....touch finds my network but I'm not sure it knows I use WPA2 security. Tried creating a new connection twice now, noting WPA2 and entering the password but it's not connecting. Sure wish there was a way to copy in the password versus having to type it in each time...easy to make a mistake and know way of knowing if you do once it goes to asterisks. I also use static IPs so I have to get that set. Not sure what it wants in the "router" setting...maybe the router name but I don't see how that's relevant when it knows the Wireless' SSID.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok, got networking going finally! Didn't realize they were looking for a gateway address in the "router" field.....must be an Apple thing....pretty much every other network device I've set up always asks for "gateway" when it wants that address.

Got it working first without security on and then went back and reenabled wpa2....must have entered the key correctly because it still works. Excellent!