What's the process for getting an SDK app on there now?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by ccb31789, Jul 20, 2008.

1. ccb31789

ccb31789 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    How would one go about sending their own apps to a jailbroken iPhone or iPod? I know it's possible, but it still doesn't seem to work with xcode and ssh'ing an app over then restarting the springboard causes the new app to crash right after it shows the default image.
  2. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You would have to circumvent the fairplay drm
  3. Nemes

Nemes New Member

Actually that has already been done, the kernel was modified in the jailbreak to ignore most of the DRM requirements for applications. You can read more about this on the FAQ page built in to Cydia, but basically you need to use some tools to generate a SHA1 hash for your application so that the OS can checksum it to make sure it hasn't become corrupted. I'd link to the FAQ, but I have no idea what the real URL is.

This is only for self-created applications mind-you, I believe distributed AppStore applications still use full DRM, if that's your angle.
  4. ccb31789

ccb31789 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yeah I'm talking about self-created apps. I just want a development device, but I don't have a hundred dollars to spare right now for the development package.

Please Register or Log in to view images