What's the point?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by BROT, Jul 10, 2008.

1. BROT

BROT New Member

The AppStore is out now, we can install the new iTunes 7.7 version and download some apps directly from iTunes, if you are on firmware 2.0...
    But can somebody tell me one reason why I should upgrade and jailbreak 2.0 using winpwn/pwnage, if the apps from installer won't even work!

PS: Can somebody post this one threat, where it shows you how to put some installer apps on 2.0 through pwnage tool?
  2. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I cant belive that apps I have had for free are now like 8 bucks. 1.1.4 ftw until winpwn/ported apps.
  3. Daedalus

Daedalus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Because the SDK has strict rules that restrict access to the filesystem outside of /Applications and /mobile (and possibly /root). Jailbreaking will open the filesystem up, and allow apps to be updated to run on 2.0, like the emulators, and especially Customize/SMB. Apps like these will not be allowed, ever, on the AppStore. Especially your favorite background daemons, like MobileScrobbler, OpenSSH, etc.
  4. vbman213

vbman213 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yea I agree with ipodtouch1234...

Most of the apps I use currently on my 1.1.4 jb iTouch now cost money... so why would I upgrade?
  5. BROT

BROT New Member

yo

THanx guyz....
    I also won't update right now, but when the apps in installer are all compatible i will jailbreak and update to 2.0...
    I also hope that games like supermonkeyball will be ported to installer in the new .ipa format
    cheers
    fil
  6. Wiiownzzz

Wiiownzzz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Yeah, but these apps are more professional and stable. But just to think having most of these apps for free kind of pisses me off. Oh well...I actually feel better BUYING them, rather than stealing them.
  7. vbman213

vbman213 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Regardless... The jailbreaking community is not going to die any time soon... not until Apple gives in and jailbreaks them for us... and I rather have complete control over my device anyway...

This brings up another quesion... if my Mac (10.5) and my iPod Touch are running the same kernal... why does apple have to protect its little baby by not opening up the system... yet they allow Mac's to stay open? So I guess it is ok for Mac 10.5 to experience security issues?
  8. stillercity

stillercity New Member

Lol his name means bread in german hehe that's why he has bread has his avatar *chuckles*
  9. The_Judas_Priest

The_Judas_Priest New Member

I thought he had bread in his avatar because he was the hottest thing since the CONCEPTION OF VODKA