Whats the point!?

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by youtube-friendlyfire203, Mar 16, 2008.

1. youtube-friendlyfire203

youtube-friendlyfire203 New Member

what is the point of using voip and buying a headset when you can only use it when your connected to wifi?!

so if your in trouble you cannot call anyone because you are not connected to wifi

why not just buy a cellphone unless some of you want to show your friends how cool you are on how you can call people with your ipod
  2. vTweak

vTweak New Member

its not about looking cool, its free. Wifi is everywhere, restraunts, stores, give a few years and it will be everywhere. Its not meant to be a full out phone, its just a ipod.
  3. shawon8444

shawon8444 New Member

I agree with vtweak. Wifi is everywhere in canada and us. I use iipod touch when i need to make long distance call for free ( just add 10 bucks freecall.com and it is free for 90days) and cell phone for local call when there is no wifi.
  4. TehLe33tK!ng

TehLe33tK!ng New Member

I am going to college this summer and the entire campus is wifi. What happens when I run out of minutes on my cell phone or etc. I can now talk limitless just so long as I am on campus, which is going to be 99% of the time.