What's the point, really?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Heather1, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Heather1

Heather1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok i know there're already counless threads about the price drop for the phone, not the touch, but here's a thought.

So the 3G iphone is gonna be out with just 199$ for the 8GB model. And mostlikely the touch will remain the same (price), which is 299$ for the 8GB model. So think again, what if i buy the iphone, unlock or jailbreak it (a jailbreak guide will be out soon, i believe), and BAM - I have a super cool "ipod touch" with camera, speaker and recorder for just 199. Or, with 299, i can even bring a 16GB iphone home with all the new features. WHAT THE HECK, JOBS?!!

Good thing is, i don't think our Steve Jobs could be that careless on his selling strategy. I think a price drop for the touch is a no-go but how a bout killing 8GB itouch model and sell the 16GB touch for 299?!

Give me some thoughts...
  2. Led

Led Banned

With the new iphones you have to activate them instore so you really can't do the prior.

And if they drop the price of the itouch, i hope they give us a $100 dollar rebate like they did with the 4 gig iphone
  3. Heather1

Heather1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Can't we order them online or something ?! Or what if people only want to buy them as a gift ?!
  4. stabbyjoe12

stabbyjoe12 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    same as oher phones you signa contract online then theyll pre activate it
    they dont care lol you cant buy othe contract phones as a girft whys an iphone different
  5. Heather1

Heather1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh really ?! I don't know. I saw a lot of people selling their "brand new iphone in box - recieved as gift" on craigslist. :S

On the other hand, i just made a research about the contract with AT&T. And they have a 60 days dropout policy, which means, you can end the contract and get your money back.

Just like verizon... http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=807658
  6. Autumnboard

Autumnboard Banned

besides iphone 3g users will have to pay a monthly bill,them signing the contract gets them there discount, and that is why the touch is more....no quesitons....if you buy the iphone you have to activate it.
  7. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    firstly its $200. with a 2 year contract on AT&T
    umm, u could get it online, but you need a special type of itunes to unlock it because atm, when u buy a iphone, it comes pre bricked, and the people at the store will un brick it for you.
  8. Autumnboard

Autumnboard Banned

well i guess if you really wanted the camera and stuff you could always get the phone and end the contrract paying 2 years worth bills lol....so just get the touch and be glad you aren't locked in the AT&T Jail Cell......

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Heather1

Heather1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So ppl who are using their unlocked iphone right now all had to pay $2,000 contract with AT&T before ?!
  10. Autumnboard

Autumnboard Banned

basically yes they agree to a 2yr contract