What's the point of Crime and Punishment?

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by Sarcasm Siempre, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    We can't reply to any of the threads, and half of the time the threads don't even have the offending posts in them. So why is it still there? Seems to me like if you wanted to know why someone was banned, you could just go to their User Profile and check that little box on the right side that contains ban information.
  2. FailSafeIsntSafe

FailSafeIsntSafe New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Publicizes people's wrong doing.
    They should do it in real life. Everyday have a section in the newspaper, tv, internet of everything that goes wrong, and their punishment. I think that'd open peoples eyes to the huge mass of crime, and it would go down.
  3. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Actually, the reason is not missing "half of the time" like you claim. I just checked, and there almost every single warning and infraction is a post infraction rather than a general "profile" infraction, so I don't know what you are talking about. (btw, this is NOT a cue to post me cherry-picked links to the few recent examples supporting your point)

We do this for transparency and to allow users to understand how exactly our rules are applied in practice and perhaps learn from others' mistakes.
  4. solidness

solidness Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Lets say someone you know gets banned.
    You can go there and find out the reason.
  5. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wasn't going to in the first place, but OK.

I just looked, and most of the posts do indeed have a reason. I guess I just managed to look at only threads that were lacking one.

[/THREAD] then, I guess.
  6. Germany

Germany Banned

I'm really glad that bgizzle has kept the crime and punishment system transparent. I'm ashamed of my infractions, but I'm glad everyones wrongdoings are made public as to show that the staff is doing their job (keep it up!) and that they are doing things correctly. In my opinion, there are too many warnings and not enough infractions, but that isn't up to me. The staff does a great job so I won't complain.
  7. veeloc

veeloc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    well for instance, if you see someone get banned (not in the thread ur looking at) you can just go down there and look what it was.

I was wrongly banned one time (it was reversed) and afterwards i could look at what had happened. and so could other people.

its more of a, why not?
  8. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Every local newspaper that I've ever read has that section. It's one of my favorite sections! : )

No one said that you would, specifically, but there's always some one who does that, for whatever reason, even if they are not the one who brought up the point.
  9. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Quoted for truth
  10. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Why doesn't that surprise me

Please Register or Log in to view images