Whats the point in it all?

Discussion in 'Playstation 1 (PSX) Emulator (psx4iphone)' started by xxironmaiden66xx, Feb 19, 2008.

1. xxironmaiden66xx

xxironmaiden66xx New Member

I mean sure its pretty amazing that the ipod can play these psx ISO's at all but really cmon whats the point i mean it SOOOOOOOOOOOO slow not even close to playing i still kinda find this weird because the tech specs of the procesor speed on the ipod are like massively larger than those old playstations i mean im sure there has to be other hardware problems that have limitations

ps: i really like gbaphone as the playability is actually really good once you get used to not having the edges of buttons to guide your fingers but does anyone know if the developers are ever trying to do anything about the in and out crappy sound or if its even possible with the ipods hardware limitations
  2. steveo3

steveo3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I don't think that are there trying to make a genesis emulator now
  3. toomuchcaffeine

toomuchcaffeine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    A lot of games are really playable with the correct settings. I enjoy the PSX emulator quite a lot and its only going to get faster.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Its currently being completely reworked from the ground up which is why there hasn't been an update in a while. The next version will most likely be a lot faster, though.
  4. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    The guy has developed about 5 emulators. Let him work out the kinks a bit.
  5. xxironmaiden66xx

I Still dont think so

yea but still you have to see this as obviously even with the old systems sh*tty ass procesors the games were definatly very optimized which is why they ran so well and even computer emulation that they have been developing for years in my opinion still sucks ass not to mention when ive played games they look like there going like atleast 7 times slower than they should i mean sure i think it could get slightly better but theres no way hes making it even 5 times better than it is now
  6. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Give it time. I'm sure the systems that are out can be optimized, you just have to realize that for right now he's trying his best to port everything that he can. Its not like he can just drag and drop files, he has to recode a whole bunch. Let him finish his current project so that he can return to the older ones and work out all the bugs.

ps. 250th post
  7. xxironmaiden66xx

yea its not like i dont apreciate what hes doing i know he definatly has to spend a sh*t load of his own time recoading everything too bad engineering something bacwards is illegal or this would be a hell of alot easier but still i mean comparing it too a psp with about half as powerfull as a proceser the ipod still lacks some things in the hardware that the psp has and like i just said you cant possibly think that hes going to get it to work to the point were its playible when people have been trying to make good computer emulators for the psx for along time now and cant succeed and i have to tell ya my computer is a hell of alot more powerfull than anything on my ipod