Whats the heat about WINPWN

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by potroast32, May 1, 2008.

1. potroast32

potroast32 Banned

ISNT THIS TRUE : all you guys are talking about how winpwn is amazing but right now it can only jailbreak 1.1.4 ZIPHONE can do that 10x better. WINPWN is worthless UNTIL they announce the 2.0 Jailbreak through winpwn.

And now i'd like everyone to post the latest on jailbreaking 2.0 on windows. are there any known ways right now. Is there a jailbroken 2.0 ipod?
  2. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

Bull crap. ZiPhone is a program from some italian shmuck that is pure stolen code, and has had some problems for everyone. WinPWN makes it so you can restore to a pre-jailbroken firmware, which is much more convenient than having to have a program on your computer like ZiPhone or iLiberty.

WinPWN > iLiberty & ZiPhone

-Gojohnnyboi

EDIT: Plus, CUSTOM FIRMWARE!!! and CUSTOM BOOT logos! - suck that Zibri
    1 person likes this.
  3. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no there isnt a jailbroken 2.0, and dude winpwn to me is better than ziphone no matter how early it is in development, with it, ive had less problems than in ziphone
  4. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Actually, ZiPhone can't do anything just right. Use iLiberty+. There are plenty of threads about how ZiPhone is dangerous and not a very good solution. WinPwn is extremely messily coded at the moment (it's BETA, folks). So, at this point, unless you're jailbreaking 2.0, just use iLiberty+.
  5. gojohnnyboi

True, iLiberty + is 10000x better than ZiPhone already, but WinPWN basically is Jailbreak + more. If all you want is installer on your device, i would agree that iLiberty + is your best bet, however if you want the whole "shabang", go for the gold with winpwn. Once the final is released, it will blow the crap out of the win versions of iliberty and ziphone
  6. GrooveMachine

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah, you're right. But Pwnage is always going to be a step ahead of WinPwn (because cmw has to catch up all the time), and WinPwn really shouldn't work. For example, it runs an extremely stripped Linux distribution so it can read the HFS+ filesystem. WinPwn is nice, but I'd say that iLiberty+ is actually a better option at the moment. With the release of 2.0 imminent (or so I hear), iLiberty+ will have tons of new features for installing apps during the jailbreak (using the temporary shell that iLiberty+ can run). WinPwn should be alright once it's final, though.
  7. gojohnnyboi

That makes me sad. But the dev team is more than one person. You gotta give cmw his props for an amazing job well done
  8. monchy36

monchy36 New Member

i dont't like to get in this threads just read it... but in this one i'll make and exception! i have 3 iphones and 2 friends that let me play with 2 ipods i used ziphone,iliberty and winpwn... plus one iphone and one ipod are 2.0 working with no problems!!! Ziphone was good but now has to step down and respet the real deal that is WINPWN!!! (and don't forget that still a beta imagine when is finish!) we have to be pacient that's all...

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. GrooveMachine

Device:
    iPod touch
    Not to put down cmw at all, but WinPwn does need work. That's why he released a beta. He's done an amazing job for a single person, though. He's also helped a lot of people out with stuff. He's done great, but he's going to have trouble keeping up with the dev team's constant updates, partially because they're a whole team.
  10. gojohnnyboi

lol =p my exact previous idea suggested in your words. and the keyword is: BETA